
Blog Assignment #2 Observing the Overlooked
This is a place near the Young library. Trees and grasses account for most of the area on campus. However, we tend to overlook them, especially in winter when they are not green.
What I see is another kind of beauty. The tree seems to be dead . It has no leaves and remains dull woods. The snow covered the grass and the grass also held the snow well. The ground in my eyes is pure white. The ice is attached to the branches of tree. It's so transparent and I can see the refraction of the scene from the ice. The ice seems to give life to the dead tree or we can say the tree reshape the ice. That's a perfect combination and it looks like bunches of diamond necklace. Since it's sunny, I can see the sun, but it looks a little different. The sun seems to be not that dazzling and not that bright. That may be because of the foil the white ground.
What I hear is the shouting of wind. The wind is keeping shout loudly. It seems to voice its discontent .
I can't smell anything. We could smell the fragrant of flowers because there are insects delivering the pollen. But now in winter, there are no active plants or insects. So I can smell nothing.
What I feel is cold. The temperature is low . The wind blows off the snow on the surface of the grass. The flying snow can even hurt my face. The sun is still shining ,but I can't fell any warmness from it.
Actually many overlooked places like this could be beautiful and provide us a better location to feel the nature.
No comments:
Post a Comment