

Assignment #62: Make an Educational Public Plaque
For this assignment come up with some simple but useful information that can be made into a plaque or sign and then install it in some public place for people to learn from and use. We encourage you to make your plaque in a permanent material and bolt it or use a strong adhesive when you attach the plaque. Note: do not bother making a plaque that is witty. Think of information that you routinely wish you had, and provide it to the public.
I chose this project because when coming to college a lot of changed in respect to living style. There was no more luxury. I thought the showers were the most difficult adjustment to make and would be similar for most people. I know some people are still struggling and it often comes up as a topic on conversation in my dorm. I thought it would be beneficial to take all the advice I have from first hand experience to suggestions from my floor mates together for a guide to surviving the showers. I put the instructional plaque in the aisle of the shower so that people can refer to it while in the shower. The plaque includes instructions on how to turn on the shower, which can be tricky because there is not hot/cold on the nozzles. It also includes how to avoid being eaten by the curtains as well as knocked out by nozzle and methods to staying clean while showering. I also included another section for methods of best success which include optimal shower duration, time of day and side-affects that may result from using the dorm showers.
ReplyDelete