The first time that I went to this area was during the day. So, for the second time visiting, I decided to go later at night around 8 p.m. It was dark outside, but there were lights around the section. The lights seemed to give off a yellow tint. Unlike the first time that I visited here, there was no snow on the ground. I could see the pattern of brick that was on the ground. There were also a lot of leaves that had fallen on the ground from the trees. Not as many people walked past at this time of the day. The few that did looked as if they were either going or coming from the library.
My next visit was in the morning. The air smelled a lot fresher at this time of the day, maybe because the smell of the dining areas and vehicles had not filled the air yet. I figured that Commons had not start cooking yet, because I didn’t smell the distinct sent that it brings. This visit was a lot warmer than the past visits. Some people that passed by were just wearing sweatshirts. The majority of the people that passed looked as if they were still asleep and hated getting up that early. It brought back memories of having 8 a.m. classes last semester. It was a nice feeling to know that I didn’t have to go to class that early anymore.
My last observation took place in the afternoon. This was definitely the busiest time of the day. Still, no one took the time to pay this area any attention. It seemed like the squirrels were the only others that were interested in this place. I found that there was some trash lying around. I must have not noticed it the first time, because the snow was covering it. After spending so much time in this little place, it kind of grew on me. It made me feel like it was actually my spot, because no one else ever used it.
No comments:
Post a Comment