Wednesday, March 10, 2010
30 Days
The 30 days video was an eye opener for me. I calculated my carbon footprint and I would take 5.67 earths. That is not as many as I thought but I could still reduce it. When I watched 30 days i thought that that was something my sister and her boyfriend would do. They are concerned about all those types of things and very outdoorsy people. I wouldn't mind trying doing something like that. I think I could do it, except the whole waste thing, but other than that I think it would be a good experience. I have currently been trying to eat less meat. I went to a slaughter house last semester for a lab and watched about 5 huge hogs die right in front of me and it really changed my perspective on things. It bothered me that people work and are ok with doing that everyday. I want to start eating more organically and healthier.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Anna I totally agree with you. I think this would be a cool challenge. I have done something similar to this in the deep parts of maine. We had to use an outhouse that consisted of a whole in the ground and was boxed in. We also took showers or baths in the lake and had to use biodegratable soap. The food was kept cold with a freezer box and food was cooked on gas. It was a really cool experience. The only thing different was that we ate meat in our meals. That is why I thought it would be interesting to try and be a vegetarian. I think that would be the most challenging part about it. I am definitely like veto in that way. I hope I can do it!
ReplyDelete